[Libreoffice-qa] ping to retest old bugs

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Wed Oct 22 21:58:47 PDT 2014

On Sun, 19 Oct 2014 07:18:47 +0200, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 8:32 AM, Tommy <barta at quipo.it> wrote:
>> For 900 (2y 6m) --> 81 bugs
>> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&f1=days_elapsed&limit=0&list_id=481870&o1=greaterthan&order=bug_id%20DESC&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced&v1=900
>>
>> so a ping retest mail campaign could be at the moment tested just with
>> the
>> older subsets (730d or 900d) to not generate an excessive spam.
>
> Running the oldest set of 81 bugs would be an interesting test, just
> to see what percentage of bug reporters return to add a comment to the
> bug.

I'm pretty sure that there's tons of old NEW bugs that have turned into
WORKSFORME bugs during LibO development... take a look at this list:
http://snipurl.com/29d9hu5

these are 24 old bugs that user Beluga (I think's he's one of the new
faces in QA) retested last week and now are gone.

I wonder how many of those exist in the 7K list of the NEW bugs.