[Libreoffice-qa] ping to retest old bugs

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Sat Oct 18 23:08:11 PDT 2014

On Sun, 19 Oct 2014 07:18:47 +0200, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 8:32 AM, Tommy <barta at quipo.it> wrote:
>>
>> so a ping retest mail campaign could be at the moment tested just with
>> the
>> older subsets (730d or 900d) to not generate an excessive spam.
>
> Running the oldest set of 81 bugs would be an interesting test, just
> to see what percentage of bug reporters return to add a comment to the
> bug.
>
> I checked a random dozen bugs from the set, and there are very few
> people cc'd; looks like we won't have to worry about spaming the devs.
>
> Cheers,
> --R

ok, so we could probably run a double test:

UNCONFIRMED BUGS older than 180 days --> 162

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&f1=days_elapsed&list_id=481820&o1=greaterthan&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced&v1=180

NEW BUGS older than 900 days --> 81

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&f1=days_elapsed&limit=0&list_id=481870&o1=greaterthan&order=bug_id%20DESC&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced&v1=900

please, Robinson or Joel, or any other QA english native speaker, take a
look at my mockup automated message (which could be used for each test)
and see if it's grammatically correct.

Dear users, this bug report has shown no new comments recently.

Newer LibO releases with hundred of bugifixes and new features have been
releases meanwhile, so please retest with latest LibO release (4.3.3.2)
and give feedback of the actual status of the bug.

If the bug is not reproducible anymore, please post a comment and set
status to RESOLVED WORKSFORME.
If the bug is still present leave status UNCHANGED and post a new comment
telling the LibO version and O/S where you retested.

Regardless of what you find in newer versions, the VERSION fields should
stay at the _first_ version that showed the buggy behaviour, so please do
not change that value to a later version.

I think we should put a link to the download page of the latest LO Fresh
release to be sure they retest with the last available version (which
should be 4.3.3.2 if we run the test in november) and not with the 4.2.7.2
release which will be available at the same time too.