[Libreoffice-qa] Media Support in LibreOffice

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 02:11:34 PDT 2014

Le 29/08/2014 18:43, Alexander Thurgood a écrit :

Further testing :

OSX : 10.9.4

LO : own master build 4.4.0 - no VLC build switch

Special conditions : removed libavQuickTimelo.dylib from installed
application bundle

Loaded my test Impress file containing the inserted video files from bug
79546 :

Preview : none of the files display a preview still image
Preveiw play : none of the files play anything
Full screen - none of the files play either video or sound.

Note that not even the MP4 file, which is a recognised container and
codec by Apple QuickTime 10.3, displays or plays in the LO master build
with the quicktime library removed.

Also note that when trying to insert a new media, all of the video
container formats except for MOV appear to be greyed out, i.e.
unselectable.

However, although the MOV format file can be inserted :

- it displays no preview on the slide, instead a blank object
placeholder is displayed ;

- the media controls are not displayed when the object is clicked ;

- full screen slideshow displays a blank slide with no sound or video.

My conclusion from this is that one can not simply remove the
libavquicktimelo.dylib library from the LO application bundle and expect
it to fallback to the libAVF library.

Alex