[Libreoffice-qa] Media Support in LibreOffice

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 10:36:22 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Alex Thurgood <alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 29/08/2014 18:04, Robinson Tryon a écrit :
>
> Audio support testing with LO on OSX 10.9.4
>
> LO master 4.4.0 own build including libavmediaquicktime library.
>
> Can insert :
>
> AIF
> MP3
> WAV
>

> into a slide in Impress.
>
> Preview - nothing plays
> Fullscreen - nothing plays
>

> Can insert a MP4 AAC sound file and it will play in both preview and
> fullscreen.
>
> In comparison, I can't insert any of the four file formats in LO 4.3, I
> always get an error message - Unsupported format.

Thanks -- results of video and audio testing are now up here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Media_Support#Mac_OS_X_AUDIO_Test_Results
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Media_Support#Mac_OS_X_VIDEO_Test_Results

Joel is helping to do some testing on Windows 8 with LO 4.3.0 release.
Early results look
promising for the K-Lite pack.

(Jay: Once we have complete testing notes up on the wiki, perhaps we
can try to track down what's not working for you)

Thanks,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon