[Libreoffice-qa] BSA 2.0 - First Draft of Concept Questions

Jay Philips philipz85 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 16:32:41 PDT 2014

Hey Joel,

Yes i think a step by step process is a nice user friendly way to go.
When Calligra Words crashed on me, their step by step bug report was fun
to go through.

About your doc, here are some thoughts.

1) I'm assuming that many users coming to the BSA are coming through the
Help > Send Feedback menu item and the libreoffice version number will
be provided through this link, so the first question should be for the
user to enter in the libreoffice version they are using and that the
list be automatically set to the version present in the link. After the
user selects his version, or simply clicks ok as his version is already
selected, then either it takes him to the 'please upgrade your version'
notice or step 2.

2) I think we should ask them to download the latest stable/still
version if they are running an EOL version or if they are on an older
version of the current stable/still.

3) Step 2 should be asking the user for his operating system, with that
being automatically selected by means of javascript through the user's
browser agent (florian already has that code).

3) Step 3 should be asking them if this is a bug report or an
enhancement request and this step should be skipped if the user clicks
the two different links on <
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/feedback/ >, as presently they link
to the same page.

4) Step 4 is only for users who are submitting a bug report and that
asks them if this bug had happened in a previous version and shows the
version list with the first entry being something like "i'm not sure".

5) I think it would be great to have bug priority set by simple yes/no
questions, but think that is the job of the QA team to set that feature,
and a simple yes/no question of whether it hangs/crashes is sufficient
for BSA bug reporters.

Regards,
Jay Philips