[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice 4.3.2 rc2 test builds available

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Sun Sep 21 01:33:00 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 09:39:24PM +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
> > Apologies for the delay with RC1. Cloph's been helping me to get up to
> > speed with all of the release engineering pieces, and I've been asking
> > a lot of questions :-) AFAIK the RC1 should be out on the public
> > mirrors, but might not have shown up as visible in Silverstripe yet.
>
> No need to apologise

I disagree. There's a timeline people should follow - otherwise we also just
can do no time-based releases anymore.

And people need to get the stuff (build-)tested asap.
Debian jessie will contain 4.3.2 if I am not brave and lucky and get
4.3.3 rc1 and/or 4.3.3 rc2 in, so I want(ed) pre-testing of it...

(And now that my tree is already a rc2 I will not "waste time" for a rc1 again.)

- it's great that Cloph can enjoy a vacation thanks > to you ;)

That is true, but then Robinson should have been told everything he needed to do.
That mirroring only started mid-of-next-week-after-tagging is bad.

That said, waiting for rc2 on the homepage now although the time probably is only
sufficient for build-testing, not real user testing of the packages....

Regards,

Reme