[Libreoffice-qa] Post Building MySQL connectors for 32 and 64 bit versions for LibreOffice 4.3 in Linux

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Tue Sep 30 09:51:43 PDT 2014

Hello Dan, *,
On Tuesday, 30. September 2014 14:52 Dan Lewis wrote:

>       I have now built connectors for both versions which should
>       work
> for both MySQL and mariadb since autogen includes switches to
> include the mariadb library files.

cool, thank you very much :)

<snip>
> 2) Is someone willing to test them to see if they work on their

I would do it, if you could provide a download link ... ;)

> computers as well? This is especially true if they have installed
> Mariadb.

I need to install MariaDB again before I can test it, but that would
not be a problem ... ;)

> 3) What about the MySQL connector 1.03 that I have placed in the
> Extension web site?

Which extension website? Do you mean
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/mysql-native-connector-for-libreoffice-4.x or
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/mysql-driver-apache-openoffice? I do not see any one at the first site ... :(

> Both 32 and 64 bit versions there work with
> LibreOffice through 4.4.0 alpha but only with MySQL only. They do
> not work with Mariadb as far as I know.

I have not tested it by now, as I am not sure, which extension site
you mean, sorry ... :(
Have a nice evening
Thomas.

--
Here comes the orator, with his flood of words and his drop of
reason.