[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 5.0.0 alpha1 test builds available

Christian Lohmaier cloph at documentfoundation.org
Wed Apr 22 08:10:34 PDT 2015

Hi *,

for the upcoming new version 5.5.0, the builds for alpha1 are now
available on pre-releases.

5.5.0 is scheduled to be released end of July.

While the build is made available in all supported languages,
translation templates were not updated yet.

See

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/5.0#5.0.0_release

for the complete schedule.

Grab the builds from here here:

 http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/

If you've a bit of time, please give them a try & report any severe
bugs not yet in bugzilla here, so we can incorporate  them into the
release notes. Please note that it takes approximately 24 hours to
populate the mirrors, so that's about the time we have to collect
feedback.

For the first time, 64bit builds are provided for Windows (note that
those require Windows Vista or later)

The list of fixed bugs relative to 4.4.3 rc1 is here:

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/src/bugs-master-release-5.0.0.0.alpha1.log

So playing with the areas touched there also greatly appreciated  -
and validation that those bugs are really fixed.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Christian
--
Christian Lohmaier, Release Engineer
Tel: +49 30 5557992-60 | IRC: cloph on Freenode