[Libreoffice-qa] Performance regression of Impress file opening in LO5 OSX

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 09:46:04 PDT 2015

Le 22/04/2015 17:29, Italo Vignoli a écrit :

Thanks Italo,

Your findings are interesting because I clearly see a huge difference
with the test file that the bug reporter has attached. It may well be
specific then to that document.

As I don't use Impress much, in fact hardly at all, I can not say, but
definitely with the docuent provided in the bug, LO5 is as slow as a
snail (as timed in my experiments). And yes, I agree with you that it
appears to be the rendering that takes up the most time - the question
is why ? Even for your tests, a time difference comparison of 5 for LO4
to 40s for LO5 is a significant loss in performance.

Alex