[Libreoffice-qa] Compatibility, Open Source, Microsoft

Jay Lozier jslozier at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 18:36:59 PST 2015

On 02/02/2015 05:03 PM, Julio Cesar Campos wrote:
> Hello, There is an excellent work and progress in Libreoffice,
> congratulations. I use LibreOffice as the only program for all
> activities, and certainly I am very grateful and pleased with their
> performance, and the work of so many people behind this.
>
> Each time it is launched a new version of LibreOffice, I use the
> attachment to test compatibility and always see great progress, I'm
> sure you do the same every time, but I would like to hear your
> comments about the difference when you open the attachment with
> Microsoft office and Libreoffice, I do it with a spirit of curiosity
> and support.
> Thanks for your kind attention and response.
>
> Julio Cesar

My experience is generally with very simple MSO documents (no macros or
complex formating). I have not seen any compatibility issues. Also, I
have not heard any complain about LO produced MSO format documents I
have sent to them, again simple formats.

I use Linux so MSO is not available except by web subscription which I
refuse to buy.

Jay