[Libreoffice-qa] DLP Projects as products?

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Feb 12 05:17:10 PST 2015

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 01:46:24PM +0100, David Tardon wrote:
> I disagree. The libraries are separate projects, not components of a
> single project. Also, an user reporting a bug for one of the libraries
> might not even know about DLP. So hiding the libraries under DLP label
> would not be user friendly.

True from a technical point of view. But being the devils advocate here: Maybe
DLP should consider syncing these separate projects and release them as a
consistent collection. If anything, LibreOffice (and in a different realm:
systemd) has shown this to have significant marketing, branding and release
engineering advantages.

This really doesnt belong here, its hardly a QA topic. But maybe DLP projects
should at least consider the thought. Justsaying.

Best,

Bjoern