[Libreoffice-qa] ping to retest old bugs

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Mon Jan 5 12:26:59 PST 2015

On Mon, 2015-01-05 at 10:03 -0800, Joel Madero wrote:
> Top posting again:
>
> The mass ping has been done. If I'm poked once a month as a reminder
> I'll do it monthly so that the list is manageable.
>
> here is a link that I believe we can monitor:
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&chfieldfrom=2015-01-05&chfieldto=Now&email1=qa-admin%40libreoffice.org&emaillongdesc1=1&emailtype1=substring&list_id=511601&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced

The selection criteria are:
    Product LibreOffice
    status NEW
    commenter contains qa-admin at libreoffice.org
The query returned 283 bugs.  A couple of points:

(1) I think this will capture subsequently-changed bugs which have
    received an automated message, for example a message about
    longstanding NEEDINFO status.  For comparison, a few minutes later
    I get 280 bugs from the query
        Product LibreOffice
        Status NEW
        Comment contains exact string "reporters and confirmers to retest open"

(2) I notice that Alex Thurgood on Saturday added himself to the cc
    field of lots of bug reports with component Database.  And the 283
    bugs from Joel's query do not have any with component Database.

    Alex,

    Do you want this bunch of bugs excluded from the "ping"?

HTH,
Terry.