[Libreoffice-qa] ping to retest old bugs

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 12:30:41 PST 2015

Hey Terrence,

> On Mon, 2015-01-05 at 10:03 -0800, Joel Madero wrote:
>> Top posting again:
>>
>> The mass ping has been done. If I'm poked once a month as a reminder
>> I'll do it monthly so that the list is manageable.
>>
>> here is a link that I believe we can monitor:
>> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&chfieldfrom=2015-01-05&chfieldto=Now&email1=qa-admin%40libreoffice.org&emaillongdesc1=1&emailtype1=substring&list_id=511601&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced
>>
> The selection criteria are:
>     Product LibreOffice
>     status NEW
>     commenter contains qa-admin at libreoffice.org
> The query returned 283 bugs.  A couple of points:
>
> (1) I think this will capture subsequently-changed bugs which have
>     received an automated message, for example a message about
>     longstanding NEEDINFO status.  For comparison, a few minutes later
>     I get 280 bugs from the query
>         Product LibreOffice
>         Status NEW
>         Comment contains exact string "reporters and confirmers to retest open"
Yes - the query needs altered, I'll do that (I also need to collect
every qa-admin ping to get "important dates"...it's on my todo list.

> (2) I notice that Alex Thurgood on Saturday added himself to the cc
>     field of lots of bug reports with component Database.  And the 283
>     bugs from Joel's query do not have any with component Database.
That's interesting...but it's 2 or more years for this one, maybe just a
coincidence? I'll keep an eye out for this.

>     Alex,
>
>     Do you want this bunch of bugs excluded from the "ping"?
Well - it's hard to work around this to be honest. But those were
already pinged by qa-admin, so Alex's addition shouldn't have any real
impact.

Best,
Joel