[Libreoffice-qa] NEW Bug Mass Ping Round 2

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed Jan 7 12:11:45 PST 2015

On 06.01.2015 23:58, Joel Madero wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> So I suppose we'll start chunking into the next set relatively quickly.
> I was thinking at the end of January doing anything 22 months or more,
> slowly decrease this to 12 months. I don't want to hit all of these at
> once as there are already nearly 1600. So I think slowly going from 22,
> 20, 18...etc... until we're down to 12 months and then run both this
> ping as well as the NEEDINFO ping every month on the 1st. Let me know
> how this sounds.

i think pinging NEW bugs in the same interval as NEEDINFO bugs is wrong
- the interval for NEW bugs should be *at least* twice as long, perhaps
4x, because the NEW bugs are already confirmed whereas the NEEDINFO ones
are not and are likely to be closed INVALID, and we have to take care
not to annoy people *regularly* too often for every confirmed bug.

of course, in the unlikely case that say 50% of pinged NEW bugs turn out
to be fixed then i'm wrong :)