[Libreoffice-qa] Platform + BSA

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 09:49:40 PST 2015

Hi All,

I wanted to get feedback about BSA setting Platform to ALL instead of
being based on what the user is using. Many bugs are set to OS(X) or
Windows(all) simply because that's the platform that was used by the
user but in fact the bug affects every platform. The vast majority of
bugs are not platform dependent and having a bug set to Windows(all) or
OS(X) or even Linux(all) can leave bugs unconfirmed for too long because
people think "this doesn't affect my platform."

Suggestion:
Platform is set to all automatically
Platform that user is using is put in comment of description

Then if a triager tries testing in Linux and can't see the issue, the
triager can set the platform to Windows(all) or OS(X) according to what
the original bug reporter is using and put a comment saying "this must
not affect Linux" (or whatever platform is being tested on of course).

Just a thought as I think that we're missing some opportunities to
bibisect and triage faster because of these platform things.

Best,
Joel

P.S. Same could go for architecture . . . I've literally seen 1 bug that
hasn't affected both 32 and 64 bit machines.