[Libreoffice-qa] Platform + BSA

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sun Jan 11 11:17:47 PST 2015

Hi Joel.

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 09:49:40AM -0800, Joel Madero wrote:
> Suggestion:
> Platform is set to all automatically
> Platform that user is using is put in comment of description

nice catch on spotting the suboptimal situation there. However, let me suggest
the following alternate for once we have OwnBz:

Suggestion:
1/ Rename "all" to "multiple" (as that is less ambiguous in cases were a bug
   was shown to happen on e.g. Linux and OSX: triagers might be reluctant to
   use "all" as it wasnt reproduced on Windows)
2/ Introduce a new state "untriaged" and make it the default, meaning "we dont
   know if this happens on one or on more platforms".

That way:
a/ we explictly cover states like "reproduces on Linux and OSX, but not Windows"
b/ can differenciate from the state, if a bug:
   - is known to happen only on one platform
   - is known to happen on at least two platforms
   - was only tested on one platform for now
c/ we dont care much about making a difference between "known to happen on each
   and every platform there is" and the more general "happens on more than one
   platform" and that is reflected in bug states and state names.

Best,

Bjoern