[Libreoffice-qa] Platform + BSA

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 18:08:01 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:
> Suggestion:
> 1/ Rename "all" to "multiple" (as that is less ambiguous in cases were a bug
>    was shown to happen on e.g. Linux and OSX: triagers might be reluctant to
>    use "all" as it wasnt reproduced on Windows)
> 2/ Introduce a new state "untriaged" and make it the default, meaning "we dont
>    know if this happens on one or on more platforms".

Stats say tha the vast majority of bugs affect all platforms, so I'm a
little hesitant to use 'untriaged', as I don't want people to think
they *have to* fill out that field during triage, which would require
more than one computer/VM. That being said, I don't have a better
alternative... :P

> That way:
> a/ we explictly cover states like "reproduces on Linux and OSX, but not Windows"
> b/ can differenciate from the state, if a bug:
>    - is known to happen only on one platform
>    - is known to happen on at least two platforms
>    - was only tested on one platform for now

Given the differences between *nix environments and Windows, do we
ever hit bugs that just touch Linux/OS X? In any case, I'd guess that
those bugs are few enough in number that it's not a big deal if
they're lumped in with the bugs that truly affect all platforms.

--R

--
Robinson Tryon
QA Engineer - The Document Foundation