[Libreoffice-qa] Platform + BSA

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Jan 14 04:09:49 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 09:08:01PM -0500, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> Stats say tha the vast majority of bugs affect all platforms, so I'm a
> little hesitant to use 'untriaged', as I don't want people to think
> they *have to* fill out that field during triage, which would require
> more than one computer/VM. That being said, I don't have a better
> alternative... :P

If that really turns out to be a problem we can use 'assumed multiple' instead,
but I would start with untriaged.

> Given the differences between *nix environments and Windows, do we
> ever hit bugs that just touch Linux/OS X? In any case, I'd guess that
> those bugs are few enough in number that it's not a big deal if
> they're lumped in with the bugs that truly affect all platforms.

Hmm? Using 'multiple' instead of 'all' was suggested to make people more
confident about using it: If a bug as reported on OSX and you confirm it on
Linux, you can safely say it affects multiple platforms, but you cannot be
absolutely certain it affects 'all' platform. Thus 'multiple' instead of 'all'
might make triager more confident and bolder.

Best,

Bjoern