[Libreoffice-qa] QA Team: Get ready to rumble with robots! (Android Viewer is here)

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 03:53:26 PST 2015

Hi all

Alex Thurgood wrote
> This latter statement is particularly true. Only to be expected for beta
> software I suppose.

+1
And excruciatingly slow even on a Asus Memo Pad 7 HD (a quad core tablet...)
running Android 4.2

Alex Thurgood wrote
> Other than the crashing for no apparent reason, first things I noticed
> were very poor font kerning with simple presentation PPT files, which I
> guess kind of defeats the purpose of a reader, as the slides were
> unreadable as a result ;-) - oh, and then it crashed ;-)
>
> Switched back to EuroOffice, WPS, QUickOffice, Powerpoint Preview, life
> suddently got better ;-)

+1 when viewing a simple XLS file and a several page ODT

+1 on WPS office

I really hope LibreOffice will become a full function office soon. Using
40Mb for a slow VIEWER only doesn't make any sense...

Pedro