[Libreoffice-qa] Informations and help for a bug report

Marina Latini marina at studiostorti.com
Tue Jan 27 08:10:31 PST 2015

Hi all,

I'm writing here because I need to report a bug but I have some problem to write the correct report.

I have a business xlsx file with complex formulas. In particular there are:
* matrix with nested indirect references
* formulas that refer to a query from Excel.

I can't open the document with a LibreOffice version bigger then 3.6.7.2. All the 4.X versions hang during opening while LibreOffice 3.6.7.2 opens the file with some errors.

I can provide the xlsx file and 3 screenshots of the document opened with Office365 and LibreOffice 3.6.7.2.
I tested the files on my Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 and on Windows Server 2012 R2

I don't know what LibreOffice version set in the report but I'm sure that 3.6.7.2 opens the file.

file to test: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rmc162mgjisd4a/01%20CLEAN.xlsx?dl=0

Screenshot from Office365: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ws8rr3mj6juouuo/01Clean_Office365.png?dl=0
Screenshot from LibreOffice 3.6.7.2 (query): https://www.dropbox.com/s/00xnspejrrk1nfd/01CleanLibO-query3672.png?dl=0
Screenshot from LibreOffice 3.6.7.2 (matrix with indirect): https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5qtxf6ji9u71n2/01CleanLibO-indirect3672.png?dl=0