[Libreoffice-qa] BUGZILLA: prefilled whiteboard items like in the keywords field

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Jul 6 12:44:00 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 09:01:11PM +0200, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> > I think about having "bibisectRequest", "bibisected", "notBibisectable" and
> > other useful terms in it.
>
> For  those, maybe we should  promote those to actual keywords?
>
> So is it possible: Yes
> Should it be done: depends :-)

Right. At least from the theoretical standpoint once you have a welldefined set
of stuff in whiteboard, that are well-known and widely used. Having them a
keywords is the right thing.

>From a practical point of view, we would need to keep things consistent:
- thus removing all those in exsisting whiteboard and adding them as keywords
- not spamming the world to a halt with that bulk change
- update _all_ doce everywhere: in git repositories, wikis and whatnot
- updating all scripts and queries using these everywhere
- announcing the change far and wide
- keeping an eye out for people doing it "the old way" out of habit for at
  least half a year

Im not saying its not possible, just that it is much more work and hidden costs
that it might initially appear.

Best,

Bjoern