[Libreoffice-qa] BUGZILLA: prefilled whiteboard items like in the keywords field

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 17:32:20 PDT 2015

Bjoern wrote:
>> From a practical point of view, we would need to keep things consistent:
>> - thus removing all those in exsisting whiteboard and adding them as keywords
>> - not spamming the world to a halt with that bulk change

That's one of the tricky parts -- although we could temporarily
disable email notifications (really, it would be nice if Bugzilla had
better internal tools for that)

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 5:51 PM, Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> wrote:
> haven't we already discussed exactly which whiteboards should be
> keywords on this list like half a year ago?

IIRC, there was some debate about particular details, perhaps with
some of the bibisect terms, etc.

> /me still waiting for his "odf" keyword :)

File formats are a great example:
- Will we have a keyword for 'odf', or one for 'odt', 'odp', 'ods', etc..?
- How about for binary MSO formats?
- OOXML formats?
- etc..

Most people in QA (and nearly all users) aren't as familiar with the
filters as the devs are, so a naming structure that seems intuitive to
the devs might seem inconsistent to QA. Hopefully there's a happy
medium that's easy for everyone to learn/apply, and is useful for the
devs.

Best,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon
QA Engineer - The Document Foundation
qubit at libreoffice.org
802-379-9482 | IRC: colonelqubit on Freenode