[Libreoffice-qa] BUGZILLA: prefilled whiteboard items like in the keywords field

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Wed Jul 8 21:37:16 PDT 2015

On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 21:44:00 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 09:01:11PM +0200, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> > I think about having "bibisectRequest", "bibisected",
>> "notBibisectable" and
>> > other useful terms in it.
>>
>> For  those, maybe we should  promote those to actual keywords?
>>
>> So is it possible: Yes
>> Should it be done: depends :-)
>
> Right. At least from the theoretical standpoint once you have a
> welldefined set
> of stuff in whiteboard, that are well-known and widely used. Having them
> keywords is the right thing.

I agree that moving the whole bibisect whiteboard items to the keyword
list is probably more consistent... we already have the regression item in
the keywords lists and bibisect is strictly related to regressions.

> From a practical point of view, we would need to keep things consistent:
> - thus removing all those in exsisting whiteboard and adding them as
> keywords
> - not spamming the world to a halt with that bulk change
> - update _all_ doce everywhere: in git repositories, wikis and whatnot
> - updating all scripts and queries using these everywhere
> - announcing the change far and wide
> - keeping an eye out for people doing it "the old way" out of habit for
> at
>   least half a year
>
> Im not saying its not possible, just that it is much more work and
> hidden costs
> that it might initially appear.
>
> Best,
>
> Bjoern

gardening is a much tougher work than it seems at first glance :-)

Tommy