[Libreoffice-qa] Issues with Display of Dialogs of 5.0-beta2

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Thu Jun 11 14:03:46 PDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-06-11 at 22:13 +0200, Andreas Mantke wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I installed LibreOffice 5.0-beta2-x64 on my openSuSE 13.2 with KDE
> 4.14.8 and got issues with the display of some dialogs. E.g. if I open a
> new presentation in Impress and call in the context menu 'Text' the
> dialog gets only a small part with a grey background. The biggest part
> of the dialog gets a transparent background.

In late May we had a flurry of bugs which sounded like this.
tdf#01488 "[META] RenderContext related issues" collects a lot of
them.

However, I thought they were mostly fixed by the time of beta2.  Just
now in Impress in beta2, I see a fully-painted context menu in each of
the three big panes.

I hate to suggest that you are confused about what version you are
running, but well, right now I am talking about ...

    Version: 5.0.0.0.beta2
    Build ID: 059fa2b7a3bda92168c65c61e50cc5c6fda8cfac
    Locale: en-CA (en_CA.UTF-8)

> But there are many of such dialogs in 5.0, that behave that way. It's an
> regression to 4.4 etc.
>
> I tried with the own dialogs of LibreOffice but that doesn't change
> anything.
>
> Is this only a KDE thing or is this behavior shown on other desktop
> environments too?

My environment is debian-wheezy with gnome in a fallback mode.  So,
that difference might be the second thing I would look at.

BTW, you know that beta3 is available now, don't you?

Regards,
Terry.