[Libreoffice-qa] Collabora LibreOffice Vanilla QA on OSX

Andras Timar timar at fsf.hu
Tue Jun 23 11:17:27 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Robinson Tryon
<bishop.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 10:30 AM, Alexander Thurgood
> <alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Le 23/06/2015 15:21, Robinson Tryon a écrit :
>>> How differently is it built? My understanding is that it's pretty
>>> close, but I haven't had a chance to really delve into the details. As
>>> we likely will start to see bugs showing up in Bugzilla, it might be
>>> good for us to make some notes for QA, just so we can make sure that
>>> reports get shuffled-over to the right people who can triage them and
>>> then fix them.
>>
>> I don't actually know all of the differences, but for starters, it
>> appears to be built on 4.3.x branch from what I have read elsewhere. I
>> have no idea what other build switches are in there.

There are two products in the App Store.

1. LibreOffice-from-Collabora is based on LibreOffice 4.3. It is not
EOL, it is the supported product of Collabora. There are many
backported bugfixes and backported stable features in it, which are
not in the latest and EOLed TDF LibreOffice 4.3.7.

2. LibreOffice Vanilla is basically the same as TDF LibreOffice 4.4.4.

In the future the for-pay LibreOffice-from-Collabora will always be
from the same source as the LibreOffice-from-Collabora product, which
is offered for the enterprise. LibreOffice Vanilla will always be the
latest TDF Fresh build, so probably we'll switch to 5.0 after it is
released.

Two kinds of bugs I can image.

1. Specific to Collabora builds. Hopefully there will not be many. So
I think there is no need to set up rules with a great effort. At the
beginning there will be some (please cc me in bugzilla), because it is
a new platform after all.

2. Normal bugs, that people happen to find in App Store builds. No
special handling is needed, obviously.

Please find below the build configurations Collabora used:

LibreOffice-from-Collabora:
--with-distro=CPOSX
--disable-ext-ct2n
--disable-ext-google_docs
--disable-ext-mariadb-connector
--disable-ext-numbertext
--disable-lotuswordpro
--disable-lpsolve
--disable-neon
--disable-opengl
--disable-pdfimport
--disable-postgresql-sdbc
--enable-64-bit
--enable-canonical-installation-tree-structure
--enable-macosx-code-signing=xxx
--enable-macosx-package-signing=xxx
--enable-macosx-retina
--enable-macosx-sandbox
--with-macosx-teamid=xxx
--enable-mpl-subset
--disable-python
--enable-release-build
--with-external-tar=/Users/timar/lo/source/src
--with-macosx-app-name=LibreOffice-from-Collabora
--with-macosx-bundle-identifier=com.collabora.libreoffice
--with-macosx-sdk=10.10
--with-macosx-version-min-required=10.8
--with-theme=tango
--without-help
--without-helppack-integration
--without-java
--without-package-format
--without-myspell-dicts

LibreOffice Vanilla:
--with-vendor=Collabora
--enable-extension-integration
--disable-online-update
--disable-odk
--enable-ext-wiki-publisher
--enable-report-builder
--enable-ext-nlpsolver
--disable-ext-ct2n
--disable-ext-google_docs
--disable-ext-languagetool
--disable-ext-mariadb-connector
--disable-ext-numbertext
--disable-lotuswordpro
--disable-lpsolve
--disable-neon
--disable-pdfimport
--disable-postgresql-sdbc
--enable-64-bit
--enable-canonical-installation-tree-structure
--enable-symbols
--enable-macosx-sandbox
--with-macosx-teamid=xxx
--enable-mpl-subset
--disable-python
--enable-release-build
--with-lang=ar as ast bg bn-IN br ca ca-valencia cy cs da de el en-US
en-GB es et eu fi fr ga gd gl gu he hi hr hu id is it ja km kn ko lt
lv ml mr nb nl nn oc or pa-IN pl pt pt-BR ro ru sk sl sr sr-Latn sv ta
te tr uk vi zh-CN zh-TW
--with-macosx-app-name=LibreOffice Vanilla
--with-macosx-bundle-identifier=com.collabora.libreoffice-free
--with-macosx-sdk=10.10
--with-macosx-version-min-required=10.8
--with-theme=tango
--without-java
--without-package-format
--enable-macosx-code-signing=xxx
--enable-macosx-package-signing=xxx
--with-external-tar=/Users/timar/lo/source/src

These can change in the future (and now that I'm reading through it, I
see silly things, such as enabling java extensions, then disabling
java), but this is what I used to produce these App Store builds.

Regards,
Andras