[Libreoffice-qa] Collabora LibreOffice Vanilla QA on OSX

Andras Timar timar at fsf.hu
Wed Jun 24 01:00:04 PDT 2015

Hi Alex,

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 7:11 AM, Alex Thurgood <alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 23/06/2015 20:17, Andras Timar a écrit :
>
> Hi Andras,
>
> Wow, thanks for the build switches, good to know.
>
> Seeing as both Java and Python are disabled, as are most of the
> (optional) extensions, can I safely assume that Base won't work ?
> Neither will mailmerge or any of the python based assistants ?
>
> This is useful to know so that we can immediately point this out to
> people who might be expecting to find this functionality within the product.

"Apps that use deprecated or optionally installed technologies (e.g.,
Java, Rosetta) will be rejected" -- says the App Store policy. I read
on internet that it was possible to bundle OpenJDK with some app and
it was accepted by Apple. It is not planned for LibreOffice, however.
On the other hand, it would be good to bundle Python, but the current
packaging scheme was rejected by review. Hopefully I can find a
solution for this one day.

Regards,
Andras