[Libreoffice-qa] Try not to reopen bugs when anything more than a trivial amount of time has passed

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 10:49:50 PDT 2015

Robinson Tryon wrote
> It sounds like the ideal situation would be for a bug to be in some
> kind of 'fluid' state for some time after it's ostensibly fixed (say,
> a month), and then after that point, the act of 'reopening' it would
> create a new bug, rather than still operating on the same bug report
> in the system. Right now, I don't think Bugzilla is flexible enough to
> implement that behavior without some deep surgery, but there are some
> alternatives we could deploy...

Wouldn't it make more sense to consider it definitely fixed if it was
reported as fixed and a new version of the software is out (i.e. when a new
version is added to Version droplist)?
A similar problem on a new version is probably caused by some other change
on the code and is most likely a different bug...