[Libreoffice-qa] Goodbye MAB - Hello "Highest"

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Tue May 12 11:04:36 PDT 2015

Hi All,

It's time to try moving away from "MAB" list and towards using
priorities correctly. That being said:

1) "Highest" reflects that it's equivalent to a MAB;

2) Highest can be matched with any severity (minor, normal, major,
critical, blocker) but should be dictated by common sense logic:
*# of users affected;
*regression
*fully triaged (with bibisect, crash log, etc...)
*obviously major, critical, blocker make it to the list faster than
minor/normal issues

Guide:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Prioritizing_Bugs_Flowchart.jpg

On the test bugzilla server we now have priority/severity locked -
hopefully this gets moved to the actual instance of bugzilla in the
coming weeks - it still needs tested thoroughly (see previous email)

Worst case if this fails, we can always move "highest" to a new MAB
tracker but I'm really hoping this is unnecessary.

Best,
Joel