[Libreoffice-qa] Performance issues with Libreoffice 5.02.2

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 09:26:44 PST 2015

On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 5:09 AM, Erics Computerlädchen
<info at erics-computerlaedchen.de> wrote:
> Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> we got several performance issues (open templates or little xls files during
> opening files) with the new release.

Does an older version of LibreOffice open the files faster?

> We install libreoffice as default to our customers computers. They report
> performance issues. Open Office is faster.
> We do not want to install open Office as default.....;-)

Performance issues are definitely something we like to track. Certain
code tweaks or feature implementations can create unintended side
effects, and the quicker that QA can digest, verify, and get that
information to the devs, the easier it is to address the root causes!

You mention "Performance issues with Libreoffice 5.02.2", by which I
believe you mean LibreOffice 5.0.2.2. We just released a 5.0.3.2
version, and for testing purposes, we have an alpha1 of our upcoming
5.1 release available here:
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/

It would be very helpful if you could file a bug report, add the tag
'perf' to the Whiteboard field, and provide the following:
* A set of simple steps to reproduce this behavior
* Does this happen only with 5.0.2.2? How about the 5.1 alpha1?
* Is it any faster with an older version, such as our current "Still"
release, 4.4.6?
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-still/

Thanks for your help in making LibreOffice better!

Best,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon
QA Engineer - The Document Foundation
qubit at libreoffice.org
802-379-9482 | IRC: colonelqubit on Freenode