[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice releases (was: Reminder: QA Meeting on Wednesday)

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Nov 25 08:11:34 PST 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 03:40:37AM -0700, Pedro wrote:
> A sugestion: maybe have a branch dedicated to bug fixes every other year?
> Example: let's say 5.1 is dedicated to fixes. Then a slight change of
> schedule would postpone 5.2.0 to some months later so that most devs would
> concentrate on 5.1 (of course new features would still be added to Master in
> this period) instead of being split by two concurrent branches...

We have a "branch dedicated to bug fixes" twice a year. They are called "release
branches" and live for about a year each. More details at:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DBzRfW8R5k
 http://conference.libreoffice.org/assets/Conference/Aarhus/Slides/BjoernMichaelsenreleases.pdf

If you need a branch that is living longer than a year, that is possible too,
but nothing volunteers would commit to. It is offered by various L3 supporters
of LibreOffice though:

 http://www.documentfoundation.org/certification/developers/

Best,

Bjoern