[Libreoffice-qa] bibisecting post 5.0 regressions

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed Jan 6 13:21:17 PST 2016

On 30.12.2015 17:47, Joel Madero wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> How do I bibisect bugs after 5.0 max? I don't see a 5.1 max. I see the
> dbgutil version but I don't see instructions on how to use that version
> nor is it entirely clear what versions it covers (is it covering 5.1 ->
> master?).

there are actually several of these, one per release, with the current
one at git://dev-downloads.libreoffice.org/lo-linux-dbgutil-daily.git.

the older ones (including one from 5.0 to 5.1) are linked here:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Vmiklos#Older_dbgutil_bibisect_repos

> I tried the typical "git bisect start latest oldest" on it and
> that failed:
>
> joel at joel-Studio-1737:~/Documents/Work/Non-Profit/Libre-Office/bibisect/lo-linux-dbgutil-daily$
> git bisect start latest oldest
> Already on 'master'
> Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.

they have only "oldest" tag but not "latest" so simply use:

git bisect start master oldest