[Libreoffice-qa] Blitz on Base bugs

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 04:39:35 PST 2016

Morning all,

So, I see that for some reason which is yet unclear to me, there is
currently a blitz on Base bugs from the QA reminder bot. Quite why, I
must confess to not understanding. What is the rationale that predicts
why it should be likely that any of these bugs have been fixed or have
gone away over the various versions ? Especially those of regular Base
bug reporters, I see the reminders even target the bugs that the Base
dev "guardian of the code" has opened ?

I get that it is indiscriminate, but where is the advantage ? When there
is (are) only one (and occasionally two) devs actually working on the
code, why should the bugs have disappeared all of a sudden (or over time) ?

As the overwhelming majority of anwsers in response to those reminders
have shown, the bugs are still present. This is hardly surprising given
that there are too few developers around to be able to work on them.

Alex