[Libreoffice-qa] Blitz on Base bugs

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 06:54:23 PST 2016

Le 19/01/2016 14:01, Jochen Schiffers a écrit :

Hi Jochen,

> It is IHMO correct (all 6 months) to check if bugreports are actual.
> The problem is that only one (and occasionally two) devs actually is/are
> working on the code. But this not the problem of QA.

I never said it was the problem of QA that only 2 devs work on the Base
code. My issue is with what appears to have been targeting a module for
which the number of open bugs will necessarily not have diminished a
great deal since the inception of the project precisely because not many
people work on Base, and consequently receiving 200 or so emails in the
process, when it is pretty obvious to anyone that knows the Base module
and reports bugs in Base that most of these issues are extremely
unlikely to be fixed in any sort of reasonable timeframe, or have been
fixed, due to the very lack of developers working on that module.

I've always had a problem with bulk email bug reminders, and this has
definitely pushed my patience over my limit - for me, it only makes
sense if one understands the context behind the number of bugs reported
and tailors the reminder policy accordingly. I accept that we may not
have the resources or desire to do that, but regretfully, this policy
has pushed me to announce my immediate withdrawal from any further QA
work, certainly at least for the time being.

Alex