[Libreoffice-qa] Adding a field for crash reports to bugzilla

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 15 17:55:05 UTC 2016

Hey Stuart,

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 7:20 PM, V Stuart Foote <VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu>
wrote:

> Markus,
>
> This sounds great,  assisting the users to post the minidump details to BZ
> should help both QA triage, and developer response.  And of course the QA
> Wiki will need to include some guidance on what to do with the minidumps.
>
> Two questions...
>
> 1.) can our BZ infrastructure grow to hold increase of  minidumps that
> would
> result? Or do all the uploaded BreakPad dumps go to other infrastructure--
> and BZ will only have links to pull?

This is only about the crash id which is just a long UUID. The reports go
to the crashreporting infrastructure. The minidumps are never seen directly
by a developer or a QA person. This is just a way to link the two systems.

> 2.) will we be doing something for the OS X builds?  Is there a way to link
> Crash Reporter.app dumps to BreakPad on OS X and upload those dumps as
> well?
> Covering Linux, and Windows but not OS X would be unfortunate.

There are no plans to include it for OSX right now. The server side can
handle it but I don't plan to work on it and it will surely not be part of
the 5.2 release.

Regards,
Markus