[Libreoffice-qa] Producing QA master crash report builds

Xisco Fauli xiscofauli at libreoffice.org
Tue Sep 13 11:48:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

(adding Markus Mothrhard as CC)

El 13/09/16 a les 04:04, Jay Philips ha escrit:

@Markus: Can you confirm?
> but it would be useful to have crash reporting during the
> development of the master, so i'd like to suggest that master crash
> report builds be created atleast once a month so QA can bang against it,
> especially those who use it on a regular basis outside of QA, so we are
> less reliant on users to bang against it with real releases.

I would propose to enable it for alpha and beta versions in case it's
not enable right now, but personally I wouldn't do it in master for 2
reasons:
1. master is mainly tested by QA people so we can report the crashes
directly in bugzilla providing more information like regression,
bibisect, etc...
2. I'm not sure the server would be able to handle all requests coming
from master too.

Anyway, I'd like to hear markus' opinion on this.

> Regards,
> Yousuf
Regards

--