[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Thu Sep 22 14:57:06 UTC 2016

||* Present:||

        + Stephan, Sophie,Caolan, Heiko, Kendy, JanI, Miklos, Noel, Xisco,

          Christian, Jan-Marek, Robinson, Armin, Michael S, Michael M,

          Thorsten, Lionel

* Completed Action Items:

||    + create mentor summit proposal (Thorsten)||

        [Moggi and Thorsten going]

|| ||

||* Pending Action Items:||

||    + align release dates and issues, patch merging (Caolan, Cloph)||

        [ waiting on AOO decision ]

||    + poke at MSDN licenses (Michael)||

||        [ ping again on that ]||

||    + investigate a cron job that queries & auto-merges (Norbert)||

||        [ the solution proposed by David - using his query & a JSON
script||

||          to refine it - will work - needs a bit more python (Norbert) ]||

||    + tweak UI and get LiveConnect API key / build case for board
(Christian)||

||       + still need to get API key, rest is done||

        [ planned for 5.3 release ]

||    + attempt to re-build a recent gstreamer 1.0 / core spec file||

||      on our CentOS6 base (tdf#94508) (Christian)||

        [ planned for 5.3 release ]

|| ||

||* Release Engineering update (JanI)||

||    + 5.2.2 RC2||

||       + done, build running, general announcement pending build.||

       + will be announced later this evening for early QA list

       + not heard from Norbert wrt. Mac builds.

||    + 5.1 → 5.1.6 rc1 Oct 4th||

||    + 5.3 → 5.3.0 alpha 1 Oct 18th||

||    + Android & iOS Remote(Cloph)||

       + not pushed yet to the play store, but should arrive tomorrow.

|| ||

* Infra call (Cloph)

    + moving the maintenance window from Mon/Tues night to Sat. evening

    + will be some VM reboots due to system updates; prolly around
9pm(berlin time?→ yes)

    + poll for a new time schedule for sysadmin call:

       + if you're interested please fill it out

       + http://doodle.com/poll/7agdzx4xux4yzsk9(esp. block those you
cannot attend for sure)

||* Documentation (Olivier)||

||    +Several help pages updates from Stan Horacek, Gabor Kelemen,
Adopho Jayme.||

    + Help page for notebook barin gerrit (based on work of Szymon Klos).

       + eager to have it called Extended Toolbar in docs (Heiko)

       + concept behind may be called MUFFIN by marketing; but this
discussion has just been started

    + Patch for menu Help -> Documentation...

      that will point to documentation.libreofice.org, an entry page for
downloading finished books.

    +Initial screenshots for help pages from Katarina Behrens (bubli).

       http://vm173.documentfoundation.org/text/shared/01/05040200.xhp

       http://vm173.documentfoundation.org/text/shared/01/05020100.xhp

       http://vm173.documentfoundation.org/text/simpress/01/03152000.xhp

       http://vm173.documentfoundation.org/text/simpress/01/04030000.xhp

    + should we use it for the on-line help too ? (Kendy)

       + what's the impact on install size etc. ?

       + currently packaged along with normal images (Bubli)

           + short-listing most used languages discussed with Olivier

       + discuss with l10n list (Sophie)

           + concern wrt. languages being short-listed (Michael)

       + 'make postprocess' script (Bubli)

           + traverses folders, and finds images there

           + extended this to crawl the help repository to get

             all images into one zip archive.

       + how much does it grow the help packages ? (Kendy)

           + would be interesting to know; not a huge issue.

           + if double the size; might be interesting to have

             the screenshots on-line.

       + check the size of the help-packs with images (Olivier)

           + 6-7 Mb - it goes 10-15Mb - still a small package.

       => should give nice translated images in help everywhere.

       + using new screenshotting code from CIB (Bubli)

           + could we take screenshots at run-time instead ? (Michael)

               + instead of shipping copies of dialogs

           + basic functionality is in the core (Armin)

               + can call the generate-screenshot interface;

                 should be possible without too much work.

               + find the call-point where help is pulling it,

                 slight blinking - not yet got it running without

                 showing the dialog.

|| ||

||* UX Update (Heiko)||

  + needsUXAdvice as of 2016-Sep-22: total 489 (-9)

||    Base                      1         +1||

||    Calc                    36        +23||

||    Draw                    69         +5||

||    Extensions                0         -1||

||    filters and storage      1          0||

||    framework                1         -2||

||    Impress                  25        +15||

||    Installation              0         -1||

||    LibreOffice            261        -89||

||    Localization              0          0||

||    Printing and PDF export   1         +1||

||    UI                       14         +1||

||    Writer                   77        +38||

||  + New topics (+9)||

    * Non-printable characters in text boxes

    * Issues with hidden text in Writer

||    * Requests to show display options in view menu||

    * Master and subtile style in Impress

    * Single click vs. double click in start center

  + thanks to jmux for fixing KDE toolbar gradients.

||* Crashtest update (Caolan)||

||    + 2import failure, 0export failures||

||      <77 coverity issues, busted last build claims 0 issues,||

            will be fixed on next window tomorrow

|| ||

||* Newbie / Windows baseline & version recommendations (Michael)||

    + in the process of re-writing the wiki pages (JanI)

        + have a VM locally to check that.

        + the installation procedure is hard to test on a tinderbox.

    => should only ever recommend configurations tested by CI and
tinderbox to newbies.

    + should lock the wiki pages too (Cloph)

    + plan move it to an HTML page instead (JanI)

    + good to avoid the Visual Studio integration flow (Miklos)

AI ==> JanI fix wiki, and test.

|| ||

||* Hackfests (Bjoern)||

||    + next venues / suggestions||

||    + Code for Hamburg (Eike)||

||        + Friday to Sunday hacking event||

||          https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1999||

||        + Koerberstiftung: Digital Empowerment||

http://www.kampnagel.de/de/programm/datapolitics/?datum=&id_datum=4756||

http://www.koerber-stiftung.de/innovation/im-fokus-digitale-muendigkeit.html||

||        + Leuphana?
http://www.leuphana.de/en/research-centers/cdc/news.html||

||    + girls-only event in Berlin, 29th October||

||        + "Ladies who FOSS"
(https://wikimedia.de/wiki/Ladies_that_FOSS)
<https://wikimedia.de/wiki/Ladies_that_FOSS%29>||

           wikimedia and firefox already participating

||        + Bubli will be there, and so is Heiko||

        + sent our data, trying to get into the list of projects

        + will build a list of design, interface, UX focused easy-hacks.

https://events.ccc.de/2016/09/01/call-for-participation-33rd-chaos-communication-congress-en/(Bjoern)||

||        + Anyone interested in a LibreOffice assembly -- or one shared
e.g. with FSFE?||

||        + talks? workshops? deadline: 2016-09-30||

|| ||

||* Updating ESC stats (Bjoern)||

||    + wait for Bjoern to be here- for 3rd week||

|| ||

||* Mentoring/easyhack update (janI)||

|| + legend: contributors are not-yet-committers, numbers in () are +/-
compared to last week||

   + summary:

       16464(-390) commits in a year of which 7546(-400) were made
directly, without use of gerrit

       290(0) people made commits in a year, 67(32) in a month. 48(11)
people to be emailed

   + gerrit:   committer open  61(-11)       contributor open  36(4)

               updated  merged    abandoned   updated  merged     abandoned

        year:   61(-11)  7318(28)  587(13)      36(4)   1600(-18)  489(-2)

        month:  61(-11)   605(36)   51( 8)      36(4)    132(-5)   16(-4)

        week:   37(-8)    170(35)  1 9(11)      25(7)     31(1)    2(-2)

   + easyHacks:

        total 260(0) open 225(3) assigned 7(0) needinfo 28(-3)

        needsDevEval 481(-17) of which 0(0) are easyHacks

        needsUXEval 488(-6) of which 6(0) are easyHacks

        missing cleanup due to many comments 215(0)

   + top 5 contributors (based on merged patches last month):

         Zdenek Crhonek got 61 patches merged, and have a total of 240
merged patches

              - Doing CALC test documents, which is really helpful

         Gabor Kelemen got 13 patches merged, and have a total of 16
merged patches

         Stanislav Horáček got 7 patches merged, and have a total of 90
merged patches

              - Updating help texts, which is very helpful

         Muhammet Kara got 5 patches merged, and have a total of 61
merged patches

         Gökhan Gurbetoğlu got 5 patches merged, and have a total of 9
merged patches

   + new easyHacks:

       * NONE *

   + create your own by updating Keywords to eg. "easyHack,
difficultyBeginner, skillCpp, topicCleanup"

   + please remember, a codepointer is mandatory, and typically a look
from an experienced developer

   + create new easy hacks from these ones or remove "needsDevEval" if
not feasible):

       https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=needsDevEval

   + Went through NEEDINFO+Easyhack and move some away from easyHack

   + Capstone project was not accepted

   + QA (Xisco, buovjaga) discussions about how to use keywords on Easyhacks

   + Reworking esc-mentoring to provide a single JSON providing data
scraper for QA and Mentoring

   + Participation Award pdf (Artwork thanks to Mike) sent to Board for
final aproval

   + October 10th, Mike and I will start a Development Community week
with extra outreach

||* Commit Access||

|| ||

||* Developer Certification (Stephan/Bjoern/Kendy/Thorsten)||

||     + work in-progress ... some three possible names, hunting some more.||

|| ||

||* Jenkins / CI update (Norbert)||

    master linux rel  jobs: 160 ok: 158 ko:   2 fail ratio:  1.25 %
break:   1 broken duration: 0.60%

    master linux dbg  jobs: 135 ok: 122 ko:  12 fail ratio:  8.89 %
break:  11 broken duration: 6.91%

    master mac rel    jobs: 112 ok: 111 ko:   1 fail ratio:  0.89 %
break:   1 broken duration: 0.81%

    master mac dbg    jobs: 108 ok: 103 ko:   5 fail ratio:  4.63 %
break:   5 broken duration: 9.22%

    master win rel    jobs: 135 ok: 118 ko:  17 fail ratio: 12.59 %
break:   5 broken duration:16.99%

    master win dbg    jobs: 132 ok: 103 ko:  29 fail ratio: 21.97 %
break:   8 broken duration:32.41%

    master win64 dbg  jobs: 128 ok: 101 ko:  27 fail ratio: 21.09 %
break:   7 broken duration:31.80%

    lo-5.2 mac        jobs:  14 ok:  14 ko:   0 fail ratio:  0.00 %
break:   0 broken duration: 0.00%

    lo-5.1 mac        jobs:   4 ok:   4 ko:   0 fail ratio:  0.00 %
break:   0 broken duration: 0.00%

    gerrit win rel    jobs:  43 ok:  41 ko:   2 fail ratio: 4.65%

    gerrit lin rel    jobs:  43 ok:  40 ko:   3 fail ratio: 6.98%

    gerrit mac rel    jobs:  43 ok:  37 ko:   6 fail ratio:13.95%

    gerrit all        jobs:  43 ok:  34 ko:   9 fail ratio:20.93%

|| ||

||* l10n (Sophie)||

    + big event in India this weekend - FUEL GUILT

       + should grow to 23-25 Indiclanguages.

||* QA update (Xisco)||

    * Mass Ping(Tuesday)

        + 1550 bugs pinged

        + 51 has been closed already

   + New bug form replaced in bugzilla

        +
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=LibreOffice&format=guided

          now used by default for the LibreOffice and Impress Remote entries

          if you want classic entry form, use the entry from the "All
Products" list below

||        + what happened to our previous bug reporting UX front-end ?
(Michael)||

             + from Loic Dachery

             + lost when TDF BZ was introduced.

        + replaced with guided bug form (Cloph)

             + pre-fills info from the LibreOffice URL when click
'report a bug'

||    + UNCONFIRMED: 765||

        + number reported last week included the below.

          number is actually static.

||        + enhancements: 76||

||        + needsUXEval: 34||

||    + needsDevEval at 481||

|| ||

* Spammed by bugzilla E-mails (Heiko)

    + deleting BZ mails, and they re-appear

    + sounds like a gmail bug (Michael)

    + fwd. it to Cloph (via postmaster at documentfoundation.org please) if
there is an issue.

||    + Most Pressing Bugs: http://tdf.io/mostressingbugs||

        + tdf#101528 - Crashes on 3D chart modification

||        + tdf#101726 - crash when selecting column and pressing ⌘1 or
clicking menubar Format > Cells||

||            + macOS||

||        + tdf#101771 - FORM creation - hang/crash - impossible to save
a control created from control toolbar||

            + Fixed -- kudos to mstahl

||        + tdf#86926 - FILEOPEN: page format ignored on DOCX import||

||            + Regression from 4.x era||

            + Fixed -- kudos to Justin Luth

||    + Mail merge regressions: http://tdf.io/mmregressions||

||        + 2 open; 2 open last meeting||

|| ||

||* QA stats||

|| ||

||  +
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/page.cgi?id=weekly-bug-summary.html||

||    +128    -217        (-89 overall)||

||    many thanks to the top bug squashers:||

||        Xisco Faulí           16||

||        Heiko Tietze          13||

||        V Stuart Foote        10||

||        Buovjaga               8||

||        Cor Nouws              7||

||        Jean-Baptiste Faure    7||

||        Julien Nabet           7||

||        Mark Hung              7||

||        Gabor Kelemen          6||

||        Eike Rathke            6||

||        Yousuf Philips (jay)   6||

||        Michael Meeks          5||

||        Michael Stahl          4||

||        Aron Budea             4||

||        Oliver Specht          4||

|| ||

||* Highest-Priority bugs (aka "MABs"):||

||        5.2: 1/17   -  5%||

||        5.1: 2/30   -  6%||

||        5.0: 8/55   - 14%||

||        4.4: 8/74   - 10%||

||        4.3: 4/69   -  5%||

||        4.2: 7/133  -  5%||

||        4.1: 4/79   -  5%||

||        4.0: 7/82   -  8%||

||        old: 31/246 - 12%||

       https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&chfield=priority&chfieldto=Now&list_id=635663&priority=highest&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced&resolution=---

|| ||

        <link to query here> ;-)

|| ||

||* Bibisected bugs open: keyword 'bibisected'||

||    + 349/1445 347/1431 338/1407 325/1390 325/1383 325/1383 333/1383
340/1383 348/1382||

||        +
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&f1=keywords&known_name=LibreOffice%20Bi-bisected&o1=substring&product=LibreOffice&query_based_on=LibreOffice%20Bi-bisected&query_format=advanced&resolution=---&v1=bibisected||

|| ||

||* all bugs tagged with 'regression'||

||    + 688(-4) bugs open of 5176(+17) total 13(-1) high prio.||

|| ||

||        * ~Component   count net * high severity regressions||

||                  Calc -  4 (+0)||

||                Writer -  4 (+0)||

||                  Base -  2 (+0)||

||           LibreOffice -  2 (-1)||

||               Impress -  1 (+0)||

||                + http://bit.ly/1HWHb3E||

|| ||

||        * ~Component   count net * all regressions||

||          Writer: total - 212 (-2)||

||                   Calc - 128 (+1)||

||          Writer: other - 119 (-2)||

||                [!?] - should we drop this or Writer:total ?||

||                Impress - 51 (-3)||

||           Writer: docx - 49 (-2)||

||         graphics stack - 42 (+1)||

||            LibreOffice - 42 (-2)||