[Libreoffice-qa] How to test tickets from old versions? example - Bug 105981

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 14:46:12 UTC 2017

Hi Andrea

Andrea Mussap wrote
> I wanted to test this Bug 105981 - Recently edited documents don't show up
> on recent documents menu, but the issue was found in version 5.2.5.1.
> I went to the Download LO page but I don't see this specific version
> there. So, what version should I download to test it?

http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/

Andrea Mussap wrote
> * Another question: If I want to test issues from different versions, will
> I have to download, install and uninstall the different versions all the
> time, or is there a better way to do that?

If you are running Windows the easiest way is to get a Portable version (no
install needed).
Personally I prefer the Portable versions from winPenPack
https://sourceforge.net/projects/winpenpack/files/X-LibreOffice/releases/

but you can also get the PortableApps releases
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/portable/
(maybe there is a more complete archive)

In any case you can install any regular version in parallel (so there is no
need to install/uninstall)
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel

HTH
Pedro