[Libreoffice-qa] Next level of QA and how to get there

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Tue Jun 26 13:34:56 UTC 2018

On 26.06.2018 16:11, Cor Nouws wrote:
> Could this be a nice and attractive promise to new volunteer workers in
> this area: try to triage one bug a day?
>
> If so, this is a message I could use in our community and wrap it up.
> For example: "I am looking for 3 users that ...".  And then explain how
> great that would be for LibreOffice (QA). And play it careful, with a
> message "one bug every day or every two days"
> However, since I'm busy and try to be lazy, it would really help me if
> one or two others, in their language/country/group would want to try the
> same. We can make a mini-project out of it, encourage / nag / help each
> other..
> And if there are two/three with some new volunteers, we can have some
> times for opening/starting session?

Well, I have used a message like this for years, when I contacted people
through Bugzilla. The point of my message was not to start a brainstorm
of ideas, but just to write down something concrete about what will
likely happen when our team evolves. So simply an inspiration, something
to look forward to.

If you have ideas for recruiting sources, go ahead and put them to test.
Then you can report how it went.

Ilmari