[Libreoffice-qa] Next level of QA and how to get there

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Tue Jun 26 13:11:53 UTC 2018

Hi Ilmari, all,

Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote on 13-06-18 15:05:
> The impact of the QA team has been roughly on the same level for four
> years and it is getting boring. Now that we have new contributors
> trickling in through VolunteerMatch, we have some hope of leveling up.

Good to read!

> What does getting to the next level mean? Freedom. We will be able to
> learn new skills and complete projects that have been languishing in our
> TODOs for ages. Maybe even have time to read a book or watch a movie (I
> know, preposterous).

Many wishes and needs.. I do appreciate your write up and ideas.
I've tried some things occasionally in The Netherlands to get people
involved. But not good enough..

> ... In practice: only needing an average rate of one
> triaged report per day per regular tester. This would signal
> sustainability.

Could this be a nice and attractive promise to new volunteer workers in
this area: try to triage one bug a day?

If so, this is a message I could use in our community and wrap it up.
For example: "I am looking for 3 users that ...".  And then explain how
great that would be for LibreOffice (QA). And play it careful, with a
message "one bug every day or every two days"
However, since I'm busy and try to be lazy, it would really help me if
one or two others, in their language/country/group would want to try the
same. We can make a mini-project out of it, encourage / nag / help each
other..
And if there are two/three with some new volunteers, we can have some
times for opening/starting session?

Idea, volunteers?

Cheers,
Cor