[Libreoffice-qa] Using bibisect

Alex Kempshall mcmurchy1917-libreoffice at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 16:54:59 UTC 2018

I'm sure I've done this before, but for the moment my brain's gone dead!

I've changed to what I regard as my bibisect working directory and done

$git pull

Seemed to behave as I expected. I've subsequently done another pull and
the results the second time are again to me as expected -

>  instdir/share/registry/impress.xcd |     4 +-
>  instdir/share/registry/main.xcd |     8 +-
>  instdir/share/registry/writer.xcd |     2 +-
>  216 files changed, 13933 insertions(+), 1646 deletions(-)
>  create mode 100644 instdir/share/config/images_breeze_svg.zip
>  create mode 100644 instdir/share/config/images_colibre_svg.zip
>  create mode 100644 instdir/share/config/images_elementary_svg.zip
>  create mode 100644
> instdir/share/config/soffice.cfg/modules/scalc/ui/notebookbar_compact.ui

If do

$git status

I get

> On branch master
> Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
>
> Untracked files:
>   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
>
>         instdir/user/
>
> nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to
> track)

At the moment I'm not worried about the untracked files.

For bisect, on source code, I would normally do a git branch -a to see
what I've got and then start bisecting.

git branch -a

gives me

> * master
>   remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master
>   remotes/origin/master

I'm expecting a long list of branches which I could use to kick start my
good and bad bisect steps.

Is somebody able to kick my brain back into bibisect mode?

Alex