[Libreoffice-qa] A Query on a sudden increase in the bug dependency of LibreOffice

Jan-Marek Glogowski glogow at fbihome.de
Mon Apr 26 19:58:26 UTC 2021

Hi Hadi,

Am 26.04.21 um 21:16 schrieb Hadi Jahanshahi:
> I have a question regarding bug dependency in LibreOffice.
> While I was studying the blocking and blocked bugs, I found that in
> LibreOffice, after 2017, there is a sudden spike in the number of the
> found dependencies.

[snip]

> May I ask what is the interpretation for that sudden increase? What
> happened that developers started to find these many bug dependencies?
> Thank you for your help in advance. I hope that I contacted the correct
> list.

People at libreoffice-qa at lists.freedesktop.org probably have more
insight. My guess is the following bugzilla query:

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&columnlist=product%2Ccomponent%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate%2Copendate&field0-0-0=short_desc&field0-0-1=status_whiteboard&limit=0&list_id=1298870&query_format=advanced&type0-0-0=substring&type0-0-1=substring&value0-0-0=meta%5D&value0-0-1=meta%5D

LO QA and devs use "[META]" bugs to group bugs by affected "feature"
areas blocking on the meta bug. As you can see in the query, we had 78
before 2016 and 214 before 2017. Currently we have 834 meta bugs (885,
if you include closed ones), so even with 12322 open bugs [1], it's much
more likely a bug blocks on one of the meta bugs. If you filter these, I
would guess your graph will almost flatline ~0.

HTH

[1] https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/page.cgi?id=weekly-bug-summary.html