[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Header and Footers separators design

Cedric Bosdonnat cedric.bosdonnat.ooo at free.fr
Tue Aug 23 00:28:52 PDT 2011

Hello,

On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 00:25 +0200, Astron wrote:
> * If I may add one thing (bug or intended behaviour?) that caught my
> eye: even if there is only a header or footer present, your UI will
> always show dividers for both. I suppose the solution is to only ever
> show one of the two lines.

Well, indeed it's pretty weird... but I think we should keep it this way
and ease the addition of the missing one (for example by adding some
action on that label to add the corresponding header or footer. How does
it sound.

> * The last time I built (Aug 18) I saw the same ghost cursors
> Christoph saw. It only happened occasionally, when I clicked into the
> header at just the wrong moment. (Ubuntu, Mutter, Intel graphics, no
> virtualisation.)

Hum.... I'll need to have another look at that one then.

> * De-WYSIWIG-isation: currently text inside headers and footers is
> made lighter than it actually is. Is the same true for images/objects?
> (In other words, is the implementation consistent in this? IMHO, it
> should be.)

All items should be ghosted now... if that's not the case for some kind
of object, please report it to me as this is a bug.

Regards,
--
Cédric Bosdonnat
LibreOffice hacker