[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Manage Names Dialog hit master

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 5 12:37:41 PST 2011

Hey guys,

quick update about the status of the implementation.

I just enabled the add button in the Manage Names dialog. The behavior
is now: Close the Manage Names dialog and then open the Define Names
dialog. I hope that this solution is acceptable while it was at the
end the only solution I was able to code.

I fixed the tab order problems in all three dialogs and fixed a minor
problem with the table header.

Then we still need an information string for the case that the formula
is not valid. At the moment I don't display anything in this case.

Then please test now every function extremelly carefully. I also
improved the performance for many range names and hope that we are now
able to deal with a lot of range names in a reasonable time. I tested
with a thousand range names and we now open in less than ten seconds
while we needed more than 30 seconds with my old implementation.

We now highlight the info text if we have an error in the name or in
the formula. I was unable to change the background color of the range
edit line or the name edit line.

Then again a big thanks to you guys, you made this amazing work
possible. I already added a comment to the 3.5 release notes and it
would be great if someone of you could add a screenshot.

Regards,
Markus