[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Manage Names Dialog hit master

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 7 05:04:38 PST 2011

Hello Eike,

>> I also
>> improved the performance for many range names and hope that we are now
>> able to deal with a lot of range names in a reasonable time. I tested
>> with a thousand range names and we now open in less than ten seconds
>> while we needed more than 30 seconds with my old implementation.
>
> What's the time needed with the old dialog?

I did not test it there but we will need more time. The old dialog
just added the name to a list and we now need to create an entry from
name and scope. The formula calculation is only done for visible
cells. I think 1000 range names are already an extreme example and
since it works quite nice there we can use this approach.

> The chart wizard does that when the data source range is invalid. It
> seems to boil down to set the bit to enable background color at the
> control, e.g.
>
>    m_aED_Range.SetStyle( m_aED_Range.GetStyle() | WB_FORCECTRLBACKGROUND );
>
> and then invoke SetControlForeground() and SetControlBackground() at the
> control, see RangeChooserTabPage::isValid() in
> chart2/source/controller/dialogs/tp_RangeChooser.cxx

Interesting. I'll try that.