[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [REVIEW 3-5: Late feature] Improvements in the header / footer behavior

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Thu Dec 29 08:22:12 PST 2011

Hi Cor,

On 2011-12-29 at 14:46 +0100, Cor Nouws wrote:

> How does that behave when while scrolling the mouse moves over the
> top/bottom of a page?

Like, when you use the mouse wheel?  It seems that there are cases when
it makes the makers to appear; but does not feel annoying to me, because
it does not cause any jumping - the controls just slowly appear.

I'll try to check it more & polish if necessary.

> In general, the behaviour (appear/disappear) is not that smoothly for
> me. Not really annoying, but not slickly either. Gives a bit flickering
> still.

It is because there is no real animation framework used / existing, the
controls are just painted several times with various opacity, which is
not ideal, but best we can do for 3.5 I am afraid.

> > - Showing both the header and footer controls, while the user is able to
> >    use just one of them at a time
>
> Agree with that right away.

Great :-)

Thank you,