[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [Libreoffice] "Style And Formatting" window

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Tue Jul 5 08:42:43 PDT 2011

Hi Francois,

Francois Tigeot schrieb:
[..]
> There's also the matter of Impress: the Style and Formatting module is
> completely useless there. New styles can't be created or custom styles
> applied to the document.

That is wrong. The Style and Formatting window contains not only the
presentation styles, but the drawing object styles too. And for them the
styles work as in Draw.

You can use the style of the presentation objects too. It is sometimes
easier to do changes there than to switch to the associated master page.
Remember, that you have to remove hard formattings from the
presentations objects before you can see the effect of the styles.

> The inability to use style in Impress is a real turn-down but I'm afraid
> the problem is bigger than the developer's list.

"Inability" is wrong, but the connection between master page and
presentation object style is not obvious and the handling can be
improved. To come up with a concept would be a task for UX.

Kind regards
Regina