[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Header and Footers separators design

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Tue Jul 5 15:33:44 PDT 2011

Hi Cédric,

Cedric Bosdonnat wrote (05-07-11 10:26)
> I have just added a new feature in Writer to clearly separate the
> Header/Footers edition from the document body edition. I have to admit
> that it has been seriously inspired from some competitor office suite.

OK. Last that I know from the other suite, is that you have to activate
the header/footer panes, either by double clicking, or by the menu
View->Header/footer. Is that still the case?
Also, the header/footer area to be sort of greyed, when the main area of
the document is active. And the other way round.

So would it be an option the the header/footer area in LibreOffice also
is a sort of grey, which toggles with getting/loosing focus?

This idea is partly motivated by the fact that our hard page breaks are
at the same place as the proposed line in the document. (and need a
slightly more visible default color IMO).

> The separator mark is as shown in the attached picture because... but as
> I'm a bad designer, I'ld like you to have a look at it and tell me how
> it should look like.
>
> Thanks for your help,

Thanks for the work on this area :-)

Cor