[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Header and Footers separators design

Cedric Bosdonnat cedric.bosdonnat.ooo at free.fr
Wed Jul 6 00:33:58 PDT 2011

Hi Cor,

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 00:33 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
> Cedric Bosdonnat wrote (05-07-11 10:26)
> > I have just added a new feature in Writer to clearly separate the
> > Header/Footers edition from the document body edition. I have to admit
> > that it has been seriously inspired from some competitor office suite.
>
> OK. Last that I know from the other suite, is that you have to activate
> the header/footer panes, either by double clicking, or by the menu
> View->Header/footer. Is that still the case?
> Also, the header/footer area to be sort of greyed, when the main area of
> the document is active. And the other way round.

That's the case in what I already pushed... given I still have some
things that aren't greyed like some borders and lines... but that's more
a bug fix than an intentional thing.

> This idea is partly motivated by the fact that our hard page breaks are
> at the same place as the proposed line in the document. (and need a
> slightly more visible default color IMO).

Hum... indeed, we'll need to find something else for the hard page
breaks. Any idea of what to do there?

--
Cédric Bosdonnat
LibreOffice hacker