[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Banners for Monthly Bug Hunting IRC Sessions

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Wed Jul 13 01:15:48 PDT 2011

Hello,

may be you already heard about new Monthly Bug Hunting IRC Sessions?
More information you can get here
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/IRCSessions>
and here
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA-Projects-Incubator#Monthly_Bug_Hunting_Sessions>.

Experience with a first attempt showed that a lot of marketing will be
required to get some people to join.

I already started a second "campaign" showing a modified QA Menu
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Template:Menu.QA> for 2 days.

To inform some more users I would like to get banners for short time on
the Wiki Main page and may be even on the TDF main page (similar to
donation challenge). Some sketches concerning my Ideas you can find here.

The idea is NOT to say: "LibO is terrible buggy and we need all help to
get it better", but something like you find in the sketches. So this
should be coordinated with Marketing.

 From Website team some help to create a nice banner and to get it on
the pages would be great.

My Idea is to get a first banner July-18/19, a second one July 25/26
and an announcement August-01/02.

Can you help?

UX should please continue disucssion at website at global.libreoffice.org!

Thank you and kind regards