[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Don't default to 'Selection' in the print dialog in Writer

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Thu Jul 14 04:05:42 PDT 2011

Jan Holesovsky schrieb:

> This fixes a particularly confusing behavior that you experience when
> you want to print something, and have a selection in the document.  In
> this case, the print dialog was defaulting to printing the selection

Hi,

well done, despite all other arguments, it's simply a matter of
consistence. DRAW and CALC do not expect that user wants to print only
selection, so WRITER should not do, too (except someone would bring
REALLY gut arguments)

So far my 2 ct

A 'Print directly'  might be useful. I would prefer a context menu item,
my orthopedist thinks 3-key-shortcuts might not be good for me.
But I doubt that there really are so many users who use that so often
that the simple way through the print dialog needs "shorter route"

Kind regards

Rainer